4 Kilos 4 Kilos 2012

Click image to enlarge view

4 Kilos 4 Kilos 2014

£36.00
Reference #: 4161
Availability: 1 in stock
Quantity:
Product Overview
Product Details
Product reviews
The vineyards are located in different parts of the north and south of Mallorca, which is why 4 Kilos is classified as a Regional Mallorcan Wine rather than belonging to any particular D.O. The strains are planted mostly in soils of Cal Vermell - a popular name to describe the Franco clay soil. The varieties that make up 4 kilos are Callet & Manto Negro. Agriculture Raisonee is used along with minimal intervention and native plant cover that is aimed to boost the microbiology of the soil and water retention.
After hand-picking and sorting, 80% of the grapes are macerated for 20 days and fermented on stainless steel tanks at 20C rising to 28C for the final phase of the process. The remaining 20% is fermented in barrique. Malolactic fermentation then follows on. The wine then ages in new French Oak barrels for 14 months. Around 13,000 bottles are produced each year. On the nose, 4 Kilos exhibits ripe cherries and blackberries, along with cedar and spices. On the palate, there is a rich succulent texture and mineral edge that lasts through the long finish. The oak is well integrated and this is a wine that will develop as time goes on. Pairs well with red meat and game.
wine lists
events
2019 tastings
2019 tastings
A myriad of fascinating tastings in 2019
more >
follow us
Sign up for our free newsletter
  
find us
Bridge of Allan
Edinburgh
Inverness
2 Henderson Street
Bridge of Allan FK9 4HT
shop@woodwinters.com
01786 834 894
Opening hours:
Mon- Sat: 10 - 7; Sunday: 1 - 5
Open Until 8pm Fri & Sat
91 Newington Road
Edinburgh EH9 1QW
edinburgh@woodwinters.com
0131 667 2760
Opening hours:
Mon - Wed: 10 - 7, Thu - Sat: 10 - 8
Sunday: Closed

Bow Court, 74 Church Street
Inverness IV1 1HB
inverness@woodwinters.com
01463 225 656
Opening hours:
Mon - Wed: 10 - 7; Thu - Fri: 10 - 8
Sat: 10 - 7; Sun: Closed
Registered as WoodWinters
Unit 4 15 Borrowmeadow Road
Stirling
FK7 7FB
01786 469624 info@woodwinters.com
Office hours: 9 - 5 Mon - Fri
Registered in Scotland SC272664 VAT no. 852 9854 80 All rights reserved. You must be 18 or over to order.
Decanter fine wine awardsDecanter fine wine awardsInternational Wine Challenge Scottish regional merchant of the yearSagePay verified secure payments 

Your product is being added to the basket.

Your product has been added to the basket.